Feeling hungry, only got one egg ? This is a great recipe to start the day with,
- 1 cup buckwheat
- 1 teaspoon baking power
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda.
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- olive oil for cooking
- Place buckwheat, baking powder, bicarb and cinnamon in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Mix the lemon juice and the milk, (you can use butter milk if you wish).
- Beat the egg and add to buckwheat mix.
- Add milk to your mixture in the bowl and mix with the wooden spoon until the lumps disappear.
- Place frying pan on the stove with a few drops of oil, when oil is hot, using a ladle scoop up some of the mixture and pour it into the centre of the pan, tilting it slightly to spread the mixture.
- When bubbles have stopped appearing on the surface flip your pancake to finish cooking it.
- Great with compote or jam:)
Makes approx 8 pancakes.