Using fresh Bramley seedling apples, orange sweet potato, onion, chilli, tomatoes, thyme, almond meal, and olive oil.
Taste is like meaty stuffed apples but with sweet potato. Easy to make especially if your cooking it in your wood fired oven, I have an ESSE its proving to be quite a gem.
Stuffed apples with sweet potatoe
1 orange-fleshed sweet potatoe, peeled and diced, 1/2 an onion diced, tablespoon olive oil 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, salt to taste, 1 mild chilli finely chopped, 2 tablespoons almond meal, 400g of your own tomatoes cooked and strained, (a tin is ok if you don’t have any.) 3 or 4 bramley seedling apples (or cooking apples ) cored and hollowed out.
- Preheat oven to 200c or to very hot on the ESSE.
- Heat oil and saute the sweet potatoe adding the onions, thyme and chilli, salt to taste.
- Combine cooked mixture with almond meal and 3 or 4 tablespoons of tomato.
- Stuff mixture into apples arrange into baking dish place the tomatoes and remaining juice over and around the apples.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until apples are tender,